Festival of Trees is Dover's largest community event of the holiday season with over 2,500 attending. Over thirty trees and wreaths elaborately decorated by local businesses and organizations are on display and available to be taken home by the public through raffles, silent and live auctions. The event also features live choral performances and holiday refreshments. Festival of Trees benefits the chamber's city lights committee, responsible for putting up American flags throughout the city during the summer months, and illuminating downtown Dover during the holiday season.
Tree Decorating Notes:
- Tree sponsors will receive a tree (approximately 7'- 8' in height), tree stand and small table to display promotional information. Tree sponsors are responsible for all tree decorations.
- All items, including tree skirts, displayed with a tree during the event is considered part of the tree and will not be returned to the sponsor.
- Gift certificates coupons and special offers are encouraged to enhance the beauty of the tree with value to auction bidders. Tree sponsors must provide the overall tree value by November 9th, to help organizers determine the best way to showcase the tree (raffle, silent or live auction).
- Sponsors are responsible for removing all trash, boxes and packaging from the venue after decorating.
- Please allow at least two hours to decorate your tree. Please bring your own step ladder, scissors, tape and supplies.
- Tree sponsors understand that decorated trees are a donation to the Festival of Trees and will be raffled or auctioned.